We’ve gathered some helpful information that helps you stay better informed about energy efficiency and how it can help you sell homes faster and for higher prices!
• Home improvement rebates
Help your clients save money by checking out all available residential rebates on aps.com.
• An excellent tool from The Appraisal Institute to assist with selling energy efficient homes and solar.
• Learn about the HERS® Index
The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is the industry standard by which a home’s energy efficiency is measured. Like a MPG label for homes, it lets you comparison shop for homes based on energy performance. Check out this quick and easy to understand video on HERS ratings from RESNET.
• Info on energy efficient mortgages to increase buying power!
– Study Finds That Energy Efficient Homes Often Command Higher Prices, The Washington Post
– Energy-Efficient Homes Seem to Sell Faster, Fetch Higher Prices, Los Angeles Times
• ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR is a U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) voluntary program that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect our climate through superior energy efficiency. Learn More
• Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
The Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program is a national program administered by the U.S. Department of Energy in conjunction with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Learn More